Art

Posted on Thursday 3 June 2010 by Natalie | 0 comments
Labels: ,

Like always, upon the release of the new iamamiwhoami video, I was busy analysing it along with the lovely people on the official Youtube page.  Somebody joined in the conversation (well, I say joined in) and started criticising people about the fact that we are avid supporters and followers of this amazing campaign.

I told her that we were all there to appreciate and love the art that this anonymous user has created and that if she didn't like it, she didn't have to stay.  An argument arose between all the fans and this girl about whether the viral campaign is art.

Personally, I think it is art.  The videos are educational, they are visually amazing, the music equally so, and some of the fashion that the leading lady is encased in is just beautiful.  In my eyes, it is art.  I often view things that have deeper meaning that what you see on the surface as art, and it takes real skill and intelligence to pull it off.



Of course, art is subjective.  What I may see as art may well be nothing at all to you.  I think that it is important to respect and have the skill to appreciate art, whether you personally agree or not.  It's about respect amongst society and the knowledge that there are variation in people's views and beliefs.

It's so difficult to give a definition of what art is.  Society's view of what is beautiful or is art is constantly changing as society develops and art expands, and we are presented with different offerings of what art could be.

It really saddens me that people go so low to try to belittle people who view something as art and you don't agree with them.  Art is what you make it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment