Heart or Fears?

Posted on Friday 4 June 2010 by Natalie | 0 comments
Labels:

Ever since I started Secondary School (Middle School and High School in the UK), I've had so many problems with friends that I've lost count.  My two best friends and only friends from Primary School went to another school together, so I was left on my own.  Which I guess was a good thing.  I was alone in a sea of 1500 people, and I had to learn how to deal with things the hard way.

The real issues started in Year 8, the second year.  Looking back now, everything seems so trivial and I now realise what caused all the problems.  Those problems carried on until Year 10, which is the year I am now at the end of.  The past three years have been filled with manipulation and lies, and I feel so angry for not realising it at the time.

That's why lately I've been feeling particularly angry and upset lately.  Not at anybody else, but at myself.  The answers were right there, in front of my face the entire time.  I was so unhappy for so long, and those people that I confided in always gave the same answer: 'Leave them, you can do so much better.  Find some friends who really care about you and won't treat you badly'.  I always kidded myself that either things would change, or that I was just being stupid and it was just a faze I was going through.

In the end, you've got to follow your heart and not your fears.  You will end up in a better place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment